The accident was not my fault should I tell my insurer?

We get asked all kinds of questions from drivers who have been involved in car accidents, one question we are frequently asked is 'The accident was not my fault should I tell my insurer?'.

Your insurer should always be informed if you are involved in an accident otherwise you could invalidate your insurance. However if your insurer processes your non-fault claim, you may still have to pay the excess on your policy.

We and our partners help thousands of drivers every year make accident claims independently of their own insurers. One of the benefits of making your claim with us, is that you almost certainly won't pay any excess on your insurance policy, because they won't be processing your claim. For more information please call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

How much do your services cost?

We will recover the costs associated with your claim directly from the insurer of the driver responsible for the accident.

Will I get a replacement vehicle?

We will provide you with a comparable replacement for you to use if yours is un-roadworthy and while your vehicle is being repaired.

Most of our our hire-vehicles are less than 6 months old and we and our partners can provide a wide selection of vehicles ranging from cars to specialist commercial vehicles.

Will my vehicle be repaired to a high standard?

We can arrange for your vehicle to be repaired at an approved specialist accident repair centre or even at a repair centre of your own choice.

Can I get some legal advice?

Yes of course, the solicitors we work with specialise in dealing with all the legal issues surrounding motor accident claims.

Whether you are looking to claim for lost or damaged property or would like to make a compensation claim for your injuries, we will always endeavour to achieve the best possible outcome for you.

If you would like us to help you with a non-fault accident claim, just call us on 02392 484 244 or make an enquiry here.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury