Home | About us | Contact us | Join Accident Assist | Enquiry | Broker Products | Body Shop | Dealership | Competition
Privacy Policy | Website Terms and Conditions | Claims management services enquiry | Business Enquiry | Terms and conditions
Copyright © 2018 Car Call UK
Car Call UK
Car Call banner
Motor Accident?

Do I have to tell my insurer I have had a road accident?

Car Call Claims line

The terms of every vehicle insurance policy will contain a condition like this: -

“Failure to notify us of any road traffic collision involving your vehicle will invalidate the cover provided by this policy”

There will also be a time limit in which you will have to report the accident contained in the terms and conditions of your particular policy. If you were at-fault for the accident, it is advisable to report your accident as quickly as possible.

If the accident was not your fault - you still have to notify your insurer of the incident. However making a non-fault accident claim on your car insurance policy can have many disadvantages.

To find out the benefits of our independent claims service call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

It’s up to you. If your policy provides the legal cover and the assistance you require and you are not concerned about the effect your claim may have on your future insurance costs – you may choose to claim on you own insurance policy.

However using our alternative claims assistance allows you to get your vehicle repaired, a suitable replacement and legal assistance all without potentially losing your no-claims bonus and increasing the future cost of your car insurance.

Why not let my insurer deal with it?

If your insurer handles your non-fault accident claim, you will almost certainly still have to pay the excess on your policy and your claim will probably result in an increase in the cost of your insurance.

What is an independent car accident claim?

We act completely independently of your insurer to provide accident assistance to anyone who is not at-fault for the road accident they were involved in.

We report your accident to your insurer, but only for “information purposes only” so that you are in accordance with the terms of your policy, but they will not process your accident claim.

We provide a comprehensive accident service to all our customers, which includes quality repairs to your vehicle, a like-for-like replacement for you to use whilst yours is being repaired and professional legal advice and assistance.

You get the kind of assistance you would expect from a fully featured insurance policy, except you will not have to your excess and the cost of your insurance should not increase as a result of your independent claim.

So who pays for all this?

We will recover the costs of any services we provide directly from the at-fault drivers insurer on your behalf.

Our service at a glance: -

Question Answer
Can I get a like-for-like replacement vehicle? Yes
Can my replacement be delivered to home or work? Yes
Can you organise the repairs to my car? Yes
Can I choose the repairing garage? Yes
Can you help with my compensation claim? Yes
Ethical solutions with the best possible settlement? Yes
An alternative to a claim on my own insurance? Yes
Can you just give me some free advice? Yes

If you would like to find out more about our services or you would just like some advice, call us on 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call UK and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.
3 Easy Steps
  Free road accident claim enquiry   Tell a friend
Help with your accident