How to report car accident claims

Fortunately having to report a car accident to an insurer is something most of us don't have to do too often. There are however a number of things that need to be considered before you report your accident claim to your insurer.

For independent advice and assistance with car accident claims call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Do I have to report the car accident to my insurer?

Failing to report an accident to your insurer can lead to your insurance policy be invalidated and so they may refuse to help you in the future.

There are 2 ways to report accident claims to your insurer

You could report your accident;

  • So they can assist with your accident claim

  • For information purposes only and not to make a claim on your policy

Why would I not want my insurer to help with my claim?

It’s up to you. If your policy provides the legal cover and the assistance you require and you are not concerned about the effect your claim may have on your future insurance costs – you may choose to claim on you own insurance policy.

However using our alternative claims assistance allows you to get your vehicle repaired, a suitable replacement and legal assistance all without potentially losing your no-claims bonus and increasing the future cost of your car insurance.

We are all aware that if you have an excess amount on your policy, this will have to be paid before the vehicle can be repaired.

If the accident was not your fault however, why should you be out-of-pocket for what could be a large sum of money? This is how our independent claims service will help you.

Our independent claims service enables you to get all the help and support you would expect from a claim on on your policy.

In fact, you not only save money by not having to pay your excess, but also your annual insurance costs should not increase as a result of your claim.

Because we and our partners recover the costs of these services on your behalf directly from the insurer of the driver responsible, you do not have to make a claim on your own car insurance policy.

We and our partners help thousands of motorists every year following road traffic accidents. The services we provide for our customers include the following:

  • A comparable replacement vehicle if yours is un-driveable or being repaired

  • Your replacement vehicle will be delivered to a location of your choice, typically within 3 hours of accepting your claim

  • Fully guaranteed repairs to your vehicle at an approved accident repair centre or at repair centre of your own choice

  • Complete legal advice and assistance with issues relating to your accident

  • Prompt help and advice from our UK based claims team available 24 hours

To find out if we can help with your accident claim, simply call 02392 484 244 or send us your contact details using the form on this page and we will call you back.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury