Independent claims advice

we and our partners can provide independent claims advice and assistance for drivers involved in non-fault road traffic accidents. Call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to assist you.

If you are looking to make an accident claim but are unsure of the options available to you, our experienced claims advisors can discuss your situation and suggest the best way forward for you.

Information you may need

Ideally at the accident scene you would have collected the names, addresses and contact numbers of all the individuals involved in the accident.

In addition to this you should make a note of the make, model and registration numbers of the cars involved, particularly if the police are not at the scene. Having the registration number is an important safeguard against someone who may give you false contact information, as the police should be able to trace the owner of the vehicle from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing database.

Try to get contact details of any witnesses to the accident as this could prove to be vital if there is any disagreement as to who is at-fault.

Make notes about the circumstances as soon as possible after the accident as everything will still be fresh in your mind. Take photographs of the damage to vehicles, their final resting places and their positions relative to each other from several different angles can also help to establish who may have been at fault.

If the police are at the scene make a note of the names of the officers who are attending.

If you have suffered an injury you should seek professional medical advice to ensure that you receive appropriate treatment. Be aware however that some injuries may not be apparent after your accident.

Should you start feeling pain or discomfort around the neck area in the days following the accident, you could be suffering from a whiplash injury. If this is the case you should visit your GP for a full examination and treatment advice.

If you were not at fault for the accident

If your accident was not your fault we could arrange the following services for you:-

  • Organise repairs to your car at one of our approved accident repair centres, or at a repair centre or garage of your own choice

  • Provide you with a comparable replacement for your vehicle for you to use if yours is being repaired and/or is off the road

  • The solicitors we work with can help and advise you regarding legal issues that may arise as a result of your accident

  • Assistance with the recovery of lost earnings, costs of damaged/destroyed property and help with injury compensation claims

  • We will keep you informed at every stage of your claim and ensure that any issues are dealt with promptly for you

For independent accident claims advice and assistance, call on 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury