Make a claim against the driver of a car?

If you are looking to claim compensation from the driver a car you were travelling in, we can help. Call 02392 484 244 for further advice.

How do I claim?

If you have been hurt whilst travelling in someone else's car as a passenger, you are entitled to seek compensation for your injury from their insurer, provided they were responsible for the accident.

If the accident was due to the carelessness of another driver, then you would have to approach their insurer to pursue your claim.

The driver is a friend/colleague of mine, should I make an injury claim?

This may be a difficult question for some people. It is important to remember however that the reason why people have insurance is to not only protect themselves from costs of an accident, but also to look after their passengers and anyone else that may have suffered due to their driving error.

Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, but if that mistake causes an injury then they should accept that those involved are entitled to claim compensation for the discomfort they have suffered and to cover other related costs.

How does a compensation claim help with my injury?

Financial injury compensation settlements in their most basic form are intended to compensate you for the discomfort you suffered at the time of the accident and in the period after the accident.

In the case of a more serious injury, the following considerations will also be made to determine an appropriate compensation settlement for your particular situation:

  • How your injury is likely to impact your life

  • If your injury is likely to cause a permanent disability

  • If you require specialist treatment or therapy

  • Costs of medical aids or equipment you may need

  • Costs of personal care/assistance

  • Special modifications you may need to your home

  • Adapted vehicle or mobility aid requirements

  • Loss of potential earnings from your inability to work

Can you assist me with my injury claim?

Yes of course. We provide independent help and assistance for thousands of people every year with their road accident related issues.

Just give us a call and we will discuss the circumstances of your accident and put you in touch with a specialist road accident solicitor if we believe we can help.

To find out more about our service, call on 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury