Home | About us | Contact us | Join Accident Assist | Enquiry | Broker Products | Body Shop | Dealership | Competition
Privacy Policy | Website Terms and Conditions | Claims management services enquiry | Business Enquiry | Terms and conditions
Copyright © 2018 Car Call UK
Car Call UK
Car Call banner
Motor Accident?

Road accident, who recovers my damaged car

This will depend on the type of accident you have and whether or not the Police are involved and/or you are able to arrange the recovery yourself.

Generally the Police will only get involved at an accident scene if certain circumstances arise, such as: -

  • There are fatalities or serious injuries in the accident

  • The accident scene is causing a hazard to other road users

Under these circumstances the Police may arrange for your vehicle to be recovered by their nominated recovery provider. The vehicle may be taken to a compound and you will have to contact them by calling their non-emergency phone line (101 from your mobile) and telling them the location of the accident to find out where your vehicle is.

If the police do not attend the scene, it is generally up to you to contact a recovery operator, your insurer or a non-fault claims provider to get your vehicle removed from the scene and taken to an accident repair centre.

The benefits of using a non-fault claims provider

If you were not at-fault for the accident, your insurer will almost certainly still require you to pay any excess before your vehicle repairs are started. In addition to this, the cost of your insurance is likely to increase as a result of your claim.

Car Call UK’s non-fault claims service helps drivers by resolving their accident issues independently and without the need to make a claim on their own car insurance.

We basically arrange everything you need and when your repairs are complete and you are happy with the result - we and our partners recover the costs directly from the insurer of the person responsible.

This means you won't have to pay the excess on your policy and your next insurance premium should not be affected by the accident claim.

Your insurer will be notified of your accident as required by law, but it will be noted only for information purposes only.

Will I get a hire-car?

If your vehicle is un-roadworthy, we will typically be able to deliver a like-for-like replacement to you within 3 hours of accepting your claim.

The majority of our vehicles are less than six months old and we will always endeavour to supply a vehicle that best matches your own.

Where does my vehicle get repaired?

We arrange for your vehicle to be repaired at one of our approved accident repair centres - or if you prefer, at a repair centre of your own choice.

I think I may need legal assistance

That is no problem at all.

We will put you in touch with the solicitors we work with who can help or advise you regarding issues such as: -

  • The recovery of uninsured losses

  • The recovery of out of pocket expenses

  • Claims for personal injury compensation

  • Claims for lost earnings

If you would like independent assistance following a recent road traffic collision, call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call UK and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.
3 Easy Steps
  Free road accident claim enquiry  Tell a friend
Help with your accident