Save money on your car insurance, don't make non-fault claims

We find that people often assume that the only way they can get their vehicles repaired after an accident is to get in touch with their insurer. This is not always true or indeed, cost effective.

When to make an insurance claim

If you have made a driving mistake and caused a road traffic accident, you will have no option but to make a claim on your insurance policy. You will have to pay your excess and if you have fully comprehensive insurance you will get your vehicle repaired. If you only have third party insurance, you will have to cover the entire cost of your repairs yourself.

When to make your accident claim independently of your insurer

If you were not responsible for the accident, a claim on your insurance policy is likely to mean: -

  • You will still have to pay the excess on your policy

  • Your next insurance premium is likely to increase

  • You may not get a suitable replacement bike or be offered a car as an alternative

This is when you should consider the benefits of making your accident claim independently of your insurer.

We and our partners help thousands of motorists every year by handling their independent accident claims. Our service does not cost our customers anything because we and our partners recover the costs directly from the insurer of the at-fault driver on their behalf.

I don’t claim on my insurance?

That’s right, your insurer will be notified for information purposes only, so you will not have to pay the excess on your policy and your no-claims bonus will not be affected.

Does my car get repaired?

Of course, your vehicles damage will be assessed by an independent automotive engineer and we will arrange for the repairs to be carried out at an approved accident repair centre in your area. If you would like to use a repairing garage of your own choice, just let your advisor know and we can arrange this for you.

Will I get a courtesy car?

Actually we will do much better than that.

If your car is un-roadworthy we will arrange for a comparable replacement car to be delivered to you, usually within 3 hours of starting your claim.

The majority of our replacement vehicles are less 6 months old and we and our partners can provide a wide range of vehicles from small hatchbacks to prestige sports cars, depending on the type of vehicle you use.

Can you provide legal assistance?

Yes of course. Besides the obvious damage to your vehicle, you may have had expenses or other costs resulting from the accident that may need the help of a solicitor to recover – we can arrange legal assistance for these too. They may include: -

  • Expenses

  • Costs of damaged or lost property

  • Costs for vehicle storage

  • Compensation for injuries

If you need help with any of these issues the solicitors we work with will be happy to assist you as part of your claim.

We basically look after every aspect of your non-fault accident claim, leaving you to get on with your normal activities.

To start your claim, or if you would like some advice, call us on 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury