Third party car insurance, can I claim injury compensation?

Anyone who is injured as a result of someone else’s careless or negligent driving is entitled to seek compensation for their injuries.

Whether your car insurance cover is Fully Comprehensive or Third Party only.

If you have legal cover your insurer may be able to help you with this, if you don’t you can seek assistance from a solicitor yourself.

We provide an alternative to a claim on your own insurance policy

We and our partners assist thousands of drivers every year by providing assistance they need independently of any insurance provider.

As a driver with third party insurance cover you are protected from the costs of repairs or injury claims from the other drivers (or passengers) involved in an accident that was your fault.

If the accident wasn’t your fault, you are not covered for your vehicle for repairs or for any injuries you may have sustained in the accident.

Our non-fault claims assistance enables you to get your car repaired, a replacement vehicle and assistance from the solicitors we work with to (if necessary) pursue an injury compensation claim and recover the repair and other costs directly from the at-fault driver’s insurer on your behalf.

We act independently of your insurance provider, so you do not have to make a claim on your own insurance policy.

If you choose to claim on your own insurance, your no-claims discount is likely be affected by the claim.

However if we deal with the claim on your behalf, your accident will just be noted ‘for information purposes only’ by your insurance provider and so should not affect your no-claims bonus or your future premiums.

All the benefits of our service are shown below:

  • An alternative to a claim on your own car insurance policy

  • A comparable replacement vehicle for you to use if yours is un-roadworthy and/or being repaired

  • Your replacement vehicle will be delivered to your home or place of work typically within 3 hours of starting your claim with us

  • Your vehicle will be repaired at an approved accident repair centre or at a repair centre of your own choice

  • The solicitors we work with will provide legal assistance with personal injuries and organise the recovery of the cost of your repairs directly from the at-fault drivers insurer on your behalf

  • Our claims help line is available 24/7 to assist with your queries

If you are looking for assistance with your non-fault accident claim, call us on 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury