Stationary vehicles and car accident compensation

Not all car accidents occur when both vehicles are moving, in fact you could be waiting at traffic lights or even parked in a car park. As long as the accident was not your fault, you are still within your rights to make a compensation claim against the at-fault driver.

There are occasionally situations however, where you may have to 'share' the liability of an accident. Say for example you have just parked your car so badly that half of it was sticking out into the road, and then another vehicle comes around a corner and hits it. You could argue that he was travelling too fast to be able to stop safely. On the other hand he could say that your car was parked so badly that it was unavoidable.

Although in such circumstances it may seem like a successful claim is not possible, it is still worth giving us a call - we may still be able to help.

In the majority of 'rear-end shunts' however, the driver that ran into you would probably be at fault. If a driver hits you from behind it often means they were either driving too fast or too close, and so they were not able to stop safely in time.

Here at Car Call the solicitors we work with are used to helping clients with all kinds accident scenarios, just give us a call on 02392 484 244 or complete our online claim form by clicking the 'Free enquiry' button below, and we will let you know if we can help.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury