Can a passenger in a car accident claim from the driver?

If you are a passenger in a car and you have been injured due to the driver driving carelessly and having an accident, you may be able to make a compensation claim for your injuries.

We have helped thousands of people get the compensation they deserve following road traffic accidents. Depending on your injury, you may be entitled to claim compensation ranging from several hundred pounds to many thousands.

Any driver who has passengers in their vehicle has a ‘duty of care’ to ensure that the people in their vehicle are transported safely to their destination. This means that should they put their passengers in danger by driving carelessly, they will be responsible for the consequences of their actions.

In this situation we can arrange legal assistance to help you to pursue a compensation claim from the insurer of the driver of the vehicle you were travelling in. The solicitors we work with will explain everything clearly to you and ensure that any paperwork is kept to the minimum.

If the driver of your vehicle was clearly at-fault, it is very unlikely that you will need to go to court to secure your compensation settlement. Your appointed solicitor will keep you informed at every stage of the process and ensure that you are awarded the best possible settlement for your particular injury.

Anyone is entitled to make a personal injury claim against an at-fault driver for up to 3 years after the date of the accident, provided that they have not already made a claim previously.

To find out if you may be eligible to make a passenger compensation claim, call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury