I can’t afford the excess on my motorbike insurance

You may have chosen to have a large excess on your motorbike insurance policy to make your annual premiums more affordable.

This of course is fine until you have an accident and have to make a claim…

When do I have to pay my policy excess?

If you were at-fault for the accident you were involved in, you may have no choice but to pay the amount in order to get your claim processed by your insurer.

If the accident was not your fault, you will also be required to pay your excess because technically you are still ‘making a claim’ even though all the costs should eventually be recovered from the at-fault party’s insurer at a later date. So even though you are not ‘at-fault’ you may still have to find the money to pay it.

It’s up to you. If your policy provides the legal cover and the assistance you require and you are not concerned about the effect your claim may have on your future insurance costs – you may choose to claim on you own insurance policy.

However using our alternative claims assistance allows you to get your vehicle repaired, a suitable replacement and legal assistance all without potentially losing your no-claims bonus and increasing the future cost of your car insurance.

We and our partners help thousands of road users make claims independently of their insurers every year. This enables them to get all their accident related issues resolved without a claim on their insurance and without having to pay any excess.

The process is very similar to a normal claim, but because we deal directly with the insurer of the at-fault driver on your behalf, you will not have pay the excess on your policy and your annual renewal premium should not be affected by your claim.

Assistance following a motorbike accident

Of course, you will need to get your motorbike repaired and you will also need to have a replacement motorcycle to use during this period

We will arrange both of these services for you. We then recover these costs on your behalf, directly from the insurer of the driver at-fault for the accident.

The services we and our partners can provide include: -

  • Repairs to your motorcycle at an approved accident repair centre in your area

  • Your repairs can alternatively be carried out at a repair centre of your own choice

  • Your replacement motorcycle can be delivered within 3 hours of starting your claim

  • Your motorcycle will be replaced on a comparable basis, so it will be matched as closely as possible to the type and engine size of your own

  • The solicitors we work with will assist you with issues such as lost earnings, damaged possessions and claims for compensation

  • We provide 24/7 assistance from our experienced UK based claims team

To find out how we can assist you, call us on 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury