I don’t want to claim on my car insurance?

If you cannot afford to pay the excess on your policy when you have had a car accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make your accident claim independently of your insurer. Call us 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Some people choose to have a large excess on their car insurance policy as this is an easy way to keep their annual premiums down.

Unfortunately this can then be a problem if they suddenly have to find a significant amount of money at short notice to get their non-fault accident claim started.

If the accident was not your fault, you may still be required to pay your excess amount in the first instance but you should be able to get the amount returned to you at a later date. This still requires the excess to be paid up-front however, which could leave you out of pocket for a significant period of time.

We and our partners help thousands of motorists make claims independently of their insurers every year.

The process is very similar to a normal claim, but because we deal directly with the insurer of the at-fault driver on your behalf, you will almost certainly not have pay the excess on your policy and your annual renewal premium should not be affected by your claim.

How we help with your accident claim

Typically you will not only be looking to get your own vehicle repaired, but you will also need to have a temporary replacement vehicle to use whilst yours is being repaired.

We can arrange both of these services for you, and more. We and our partners recover these costs on your behalf, directly from the insurer of the driver at-fault for the accident.

The services we and our partners can provide include:

  • Repairs to your vehicle at an approved accident repair centre in your area

  • Your vehicle repairs can alternatively be carried out at a repair centre of your own choice

  • A replacement vehicle can be delivered to within 3 hours starting your claim

  • Your vehicle will be replaced on a comparable basis, which means it will be matched as closely as possible to the type and engine size of your own

  • The solicitors we work with can also assist you with issues such as lost earnings, damaged possessions and claims for compensation

  • 24/7 assistance from our experienced UK based claims team

For further information please call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury