Driving Test Changes Start from 4 December 2017. 4/12/17
From Monday 4 December 2017 driving tests carried out in England, Scotland and Wales have been changed in an effort to ensure new drivers are better equipped to drive on our roads.
There are 4 key changes to the new Driving Test
1) The independent driving part of the test has been extended from 10 minutes to about 20 minutes.
2) Part of the test may involve following directions safely from SatNav system which will be provided by the examiner. 1 in 5 driving tests will alternatively involve following road signs to a destination.
3) Reversing around a corner and a '3- point turn' will no longer be tested. Instead you will be asked to perform 1 of these 3 possible manoeuvres - parallel park, park in a bay in either forward or reverse, and pull-up on the right-hand side of the road then reverse for 2 car lengths and rejoin the traffic.
4) You will be asked 2 driving safety related questions during your driving test. One will involve an explanation of a task at the beginning of your test and the other will require the demonstration of a task whilst you are driving.
The new test will have to be taken:
All content is believed to be correct at the time of publication.
No need to claim on your insurance
However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.
We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.
No excess to pay
This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.
By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.
Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle
Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.
Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.
So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.
Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs
Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.
Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.
They issues they can assist you with include:
- Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
- Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
- Recovery of all repair costs
- Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
- Seeking financial compensation for an injury