My car was hit from behind, will I
lose my no claims bonus?

Unfortunately in this situation, even though you were hit from behind and it was not your fault, it is likely that you will lose your no-claims bonus if you make a claim on your insurance policy. For independent help and advice regarding an accident claim call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

If you are hit from behind in a road accident, the person behind will almost certainly be deemed to be at-fault because they did not leave enough distance to brake safely in an emergency.

Making a claim on your own insurance policy will mean that your no-claims bonus is likely to be reduced because it is a ‘no-claims’ bonus and not a ‘no-blame’ bonus.

In this situation you will probably also have to pay any excess you have on your policy as well, although this should be recoverable at a later date from the at-fault drivers insurer.

Can I resolve this without making a claim on my car insurance?

We help drivers by dealing with accident claims independently of their insurers.

We provide the help and assistance you need and recover the costs and charges directly from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, so there is an alternative to a claim on your policy.

How can you help me?

We and our partners help thousands of drivers every year resolve their accident issues, ensuring that their vehicles are repaired to the highest standards and that they get a suitable replacement hire-vehicle to use during the repair process.

The benefits of our independent claims service are clear:

  • As you are not claiming on your insurance policy, you have no excess to pay and your no-claims bonus should not be affected in any way

  • A comparable replacement hire-car is provided typically within 3 hours (if your vehicle is un-drivable) of accepting your claim if your vehicle is un-roadworthy or in for repair

  • If your vehicle is a ‘write off’ you can use your replacement vehicle for up to 7 days after you receive your total-loss settlement cheque

  • The damage to your own vehicle is assessed by an independent automotive engineer

  • Your vehicle will be repaired at one our approved accident repair centres or at repair centre of your own choice

  • If you need legal assistance, it can be arranged for the recovery of expenses, lost earnings or a claim for personal injury

  • Help and advice is available with your claim from our friendly UK based team

To find out how we can help with your accident claim, call us on 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury