How to make a van accident claim without paying your excess

Having an accident in your van with a careless driver is at best – annoying. To then be asked by your insurer to stump-up the excess before your van is repaired is beyond a joke…

Yes, you should get your money back – eventually from the insurer of the person responsible, but why pay it the first place?

Any driver who is not ‘at-fault’ has the legal right to get their accident assistance independently of their insurance provider.

To find out more about the benefits of our independent accident assistance, call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to provide you with some free advice.

My insurer says I have to claim with them?

Your accident claim only needs to be made with your insurer if you were the one responsible for the accident occurring.

If you were not responsible for the accident, you have the option of either claiming on your own car insurance policy or making your claim independently of your insurer.

How does your service compare to an insurance claim?

If you make a non-fault claim on your own insurance policy:

  • You will have to initially pay the excess on your policy, which may be a significant sum

  • Your insurance premium is likely to increase as a result of your claim

  • You may not get a suitable replacement van to use

  • You have little or no choice who repairs your vehicle

If we manage your accident claim independently – without a claim on your van insurance:

  • You will have no excess to pay at all

  • Your insurance premiums will not be affected by our assistance

  • You will receive a comparable replacement for your damaged van

  • Your replacement van will be delivered typically within 3 hours (if your vehicle is un-drivable) of accepting your claim

  • Your vehicle can either be repaired at one of our approved accident repair centres or at a repairer you choose

  • Your van repairs are fully guaranteed

  • Legal assistance is provided by our partner solicitors accident related issues including the recovery of expenses, lost earnings or claims for compensation

  • Costs and charges are recovered directly from the at-fault drivers insurer on your behalf

We assist thousands of drivers of all types of vehicles every year. So why make a claim on your van insurance – when you can get the same result without one?

If you would like to know more, call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help you in any way we can.

Any policyholder can use this service, and it is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle. All assistance offered and information given on this page is provided by Car Call and its partners , no association or affiliation to any particular insurer is intended in any way, and your statutory rights are unaffected.

No need to claim on your insurance

Anyone who has been involved in a road accident has the right to choose who repairs their vehicle. If you were responsible for the accident you were involved in, the company that insures your vehicle would normally deal with your accident claim.

However if you were not at-fault for the accident, you can choose to either claim on your own insurance policy or make a claim independently of your insurer. To find out more call 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

We and our partners help thousands of people make independent accident claims. Our service enables motorists to get the help and assistance they need to resolve their accident related issues, with the costs being recovered directly from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

No excess to pay

Unfortunately even if an accident was not your fault, your insurer will almost certainly require you to pay your excess before any repair is started on your car.

This money should of course be recovered by an insurer at a later date, but with our service - you do not have to pay it at all.

By using our independent claims service, you are not making a claim on your insurance policy and so you will have no excess to pay.

Receive a comparable replacement hire vehicle

Not all insurance policies will include a replacement hire-car for you to use if yours is damaged and unroadworthy. In fact it is typically an 'optional extra' on your policy.

Other policies may offer a 'courtesy car' but this is often just a 'basic' saloon or hatchback which may not be suitable for your needs.

Car Call and its partners will provide a comparable replacement vehicle as part of our service. This means we will endeavour to supply a hire-vehicle that similar to your own in terms of its type, make and engine size.

So whether you drive a small hatchback or a prestige sports car, we will look to provide a similar hire-vehicle that suits your needs.

Manufacturer approved vehicle repairs

If you have been involved in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is the quality of the repairs to your car. We have a UK wide network of partner approved Accident Repair Centres available to all of our customers.

Many of our accident repair centres are have manufacturer approvals for specific brands, so if you require a manufacturer approved repair centre, simply tell your personal claim handler and they will ensure your vehicle goes to an approved repairer.

Want you vehicle repaired by a specific garage? No problem, we can alternatively use a repairer that you specify.

Legal Assistance

Our partner solicitors provide legal assistance as part of our service. They specialise in motor claims related issues, so you can be assured of the best possible advice and assistance.

They issues they can assist you with include:

  • Recovery of the cost of the replacement hire-vehicle
  • Recovery of the cost of uplifting your damaged vehicle
  • Recovery of all repair costs
  • Recovery of the cost of damaged of personal items
  • Seeking financial compensation for an injury