Home | About us | Contact us | Join Accident Assist | Enquiry | Broker Products | Body Shop | Dealership | Competition
Privacy Policy | Website Terms and Conditions | Claims management services enquiry | Business Enquiry | Terms and conditions
Copyright © 2018 Car Call UK
Car Call UK
Car Call banner
Motor Accident?

Are you fit enough to drive your car? 28/05/14

If you have a health condition it is your responsibility to report it to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) if it could affect your ability to drive. If you have an an unreported health problem that affects your driving you could be fined up to £1000 and if you have an accident you could also be prosecuted.

What medical conditions do I need to report to the DVLA?

You must notify the DVLA if you have developed a 'notifiable' medical condition or disability since obtaining your licence. They must also be informed if you have a condition or disability that has got worse over time.

The 'notifiable' conditions include epilepsy, strokes, other neurological and mental health conditions, or physical disabilities and visual impairments that could affect your ability to drive safely.

If you are unsure whether your condition will affect your driving, consult your doctor for further advice.

Are you too old to drive?

Everyones faculties will deteriorate as they get older, but this will of course depend on the individual concerned. If you feel you may no longer be able to drive due to an age related condition, you should consult your GP for professional advice.

Sometimes people are unaware of a gradual decline in their faculties, so it is also advisable to check with your doctor if a friend or colleague feels you may no longer be fit to drive.

3 Easy Steps
  Free road accident claim enquiry   Tell a friend
Help with your accident