Home | About us | Contact us | Join Accident Assist | Enquiry | Broker Products | Body Shop | Dealership | Competition
Privacy Policy | Website Terms and Conditions | Claims management services enquiry | Business Enquiry | Terms and conditions
Copyright © 2018 Car Call UK
Car Call UK
Car Call banner
Motor Accident?

I have had an accident with a foreign vehicle, what should I do?

If you were driving in the UK and have been involved in a collision with a foreign vehicle your actions at the scene should be the same as with any other accident.

However there may well be other factors to bear in mind that could make your accident claim longer to process, for free expert advice call us now on 02392 484 244.

At the scene of any accident you should always gather as much information about the circumstances of the accident and the people involved.

To help establish who was at fault you should try and take photo's at the scene of damage to vehicles, the position of vehicles, skid marks etc., but only if it is safe for you to do so.

Make a sketch of the vehicle movements that led to the accident while it is still fresh in your mind and also the date, time and location.

Collect names, addresses and contact details of everyone involved, including any independent witnesses and record any weather conditions and road defects. Take the names of any attending Police officers and their identity numbers.

Make a note of the vehicle makes, models, colours and registration numbers. Bear in mind that the registration number on the trailers of foreign lorries may be different to the vehicle pulling it.

A foreign driver may have what is known as Green Card which is a document used to help validate their insurance cover for driving in other countries. If the driver of the vehicle has a Green Card, make a note of the cards reference number and any other details printed on it.

If you cannot get the insurance details of the driver of the vehicle, you can contact the Motor Insurers Bureau - Green Card Department.

How we can help

Car Call UK and our partners specialise in handling all types of motor accident claims.

We and our partners can provide you with free expert help and advice regarding your accident, including repairs, replacement vehicles and professional legal advice.

Whatever the circumstances of your accident, we will do our very best to help you in any way we can - so please contact us on 02392 484 244 and our UK based claims team will be happy to help.
3 Easy Steps
  Free road accident claim enquiry   Tell a friend
Help with your accident