Home | About us | Contact us | Join Accident Assist | Enquiry | Broker Products | Body Shop | Dealership | Competition
Privacy Policy | Website Terms and Conditions | Claims management services enquiry | Business Enquiry | Terms and conditions
Copyright © 2018 Car Call UK
Car Call UK
Car Call banner
Motor Accident?

Car passenger compensation claims. Frequently Asked Questions

Car Call Claims line

Anyone who chooses to carry passengers in their vehicle has what is known in law as a 'duty of care' to their passengers and also to other road users.

In essence this means that it is the drivers responsibility to ensure the safety of the people in their care, and should they fail to do so they will be liable for any costs or damages that may result from their negligence.

Put simply, if you are injured in an accident as a passenger, you are entitled to seek compensation for your injuries from the person responsible, whether they are the driver of your vehicle or someone else.

For free no obligation advice, call us now on 02392 484 244 and we will be happy to help.

Can I claim compensation from the driver?

Yes, if the accident happened as a result of their careless or negligent driving. Compensation can be sought from the insurer of the at-fault driver.

The chances are you will know or perhaps be related to the driver of the vehicle you were in. You should not feel uncomfortable about making a claim from someone you know. Everyone is obliged by law to have insurance to cover these situations and in any event the driver should accept responsibility for their mistake.

Remember - you are claiming from the drivers insurance and not the driver personally!

The accident liability was 50/50, can I still claim?

Yes. If the claim is successful your total settlement will be claimed from both parties.

I want to make a compensation claim, what do I do?

We and our partners help thousands of people every year make motor accident claims independently of their insurers. Whether you are the driver of a vehicle or a passenger, we may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation.

The car accident happened some time ago, can I still make a claim?

The law in the UK states that you can pursue a personal injury claim up 3 years from the date of the accident occurring.

Will I have to go to court?

The vast majority of claims for compensation are settled out of court. The settlement amount will typically be agreed between yourself, your legal representatives and those of the at-fault party.

A court appearance may be required in exceptional circumstances where there is an unresolvable dispute in terms of liability or the settlement amount cannot be agreed.

How long does the claims process take?

This will depend on the circumstances of the accident, a straightforward claim may be resolved in a matter of weeks, and more complex claims may take longer.

What else can you help me with?

Car Call UK and our partners are independent motor claims specialists. We help drivers who have been involved in non-fault accidents get the help and assistance they need, but without having to make a claim on their own insurance policies.

If we are able to assist you, you do not have to make a claim on your own insurance. We will recover the costs of your services directly from the at-fault driver's insurance company on your behalf.

This also means that you will almost certainly not have to pay the excess on your policy.

We can also help with the following:

  • Arrange for a like-for-like replacement for an un-roadworthy vehicle

  • The replacement vehicle can be delivered to your home or place of work

  • Repairs to your vehicle can arranged at an approved accident repair centre or at a repair centre of your own choice

To find out if we can help you, simply call 02392 484 244 or send us your contact details using the enquiry form on this page and we will contact you.

3 Easy Steps
  Free road accident claim enquiry   Tell a friend
Help with your accident